In my last blog entry, I cited some emerging challenges and identified five key priorities that chief audit executives (CAEs) should be pursuing as 2011 gets underway:
- Assess key stakeholder expectations, identify gaps, and implement a comprehensive strategy for improvement.
- Assess internal auditing’s contribution to risk management and “step up to the plate” as needed.
- Deploy a strategy for internal audit business knowledge acquisition.
- Streamline internal audit processes and operations to enhance value.
- Coordinate and align with other risk, control, and compliance functions.
I have spoken on these themes at several forums in recent weeks, and one question has arisen on multiple occasions: Who are internal auditing’s stakeholders?…